Sunday, March 18, 2012

DYI Nail Polish Rack

I have been wanting a nail polish rack for a really long time but they are SO expensive so I was going to get a spice rack to put my nail polishes on because my collection isn't that big but I want to expand it so I decided to just make one. It only took about an hour and a half and it was under $5!
All you need is two foam boards, a hot glue gun, a pencil, a ruler and something I forgot to put in the picture is a blade.

First I measured how big I wanted my board to be so I used a blade and cut it to the right size. Then I used the extra 4 and 1/2 inches to cut 2 inch long pieces that would be the sides.

Then I drew lines 4 inches apart to mark where the shelves would be glued.

Then on the other board I did the same thing that I did to the other one, I just cut 4 and 1/2 inches of the board.

Then I measured out what would be 2 inch wide pieces of board that would be the shelves of the nail polish rack.

I learned with my first cut that I made, I am not good with a blade!

So that resulted in doctoring the jagged cuts up with some white duct tape. It actually didn't turn as tacky as I thought! I wish the cut would have turned out cleaner but I like this alternative.

Then I put hot glue on each shelf and then put it on the lines that I had previously drawn so by the end all of the shelves were evenly spaced 4 inches apart

(Ignore the bubbles in the duct tape, I took care of those later)
 
I was really parinoid about the shelves being really strong so I just applied Gorilla Glue to each side of the shelves.

AND TA DA! Finished in under $5!

Now all I need to do is buy more polish!!

xoxo, Lexie

1 comment:

  1. wow this is a great idea. I;m gonna have to try it for sure!!!

    finding-the-beautiful-me.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete